Statcounter

Google Analytics

Monday, December 20, 2010

The morning after IMAZ I had the option of going down to Tempe Town Lake and registering for 2011 IMAZ. No way...I was not going anywhere near that park. IMAZ sells their slots first to the currently registered athletes on Saturday (no thank you, I had enough to think about with the 2010 race looming). Next you can go to the park on Monday morning, the volunteers have priority registration, following the volunteers anyone onsite can register. Open slots are then put on active.com at 12:00 noon. It was a little after 12:00 as we were driving home I began to reconsider, maybe I will do IMAZ again in 2011..............too late, it was sold out! So, here it is my 2011 albatross (something that causes deep concern and anxiety) Vineman full, a trip to wine country to do what? These are my deep concerns about Vineman: 1) It has a 16, not 17 hour cut-off 2) It's in July, in California, the run could be killer hot 3) The bike course looks spectacularly beautiful, but I did love that flat Beeline! Training starts January 1 with Don Fink's "Be Iron Fit" plan. This plan calls for a yet to be determined oly in May and 1/2 the first week of June. And as for my current training plan...........does wallpaper stripping and painting count, I haven't been to the gym lately and have eaten my weight in See's candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment