Statcounter

Google Analytics

Thursday, June 4, 2015


The last few months have been tough ones for the Wright family there have been way too many difficult "events" for both Craig and me.  Sometimes I wonder, often I wonder why I keep trying to do triathlons.  I ask myself that when I get up early every morning to swim and run, and when I get on my bike in the evening.  I ask the same question when I go for a long ride and would rather be cleaning the kitchen and catching up on the laundry.  Yeah, you know I'm really wondering when I'd rather do housework. I lose motivation as I enjoy the more important things in life, visiting with my mom, watching my grandkids do fun things and relaxing by the pool, or eating hot dogs and ice cream instead of chicken and steamed veggies.
But just as I'm about to give it up something inside says, Melinda, just give it one more go and I'm trying again.  I don't know the reason, I wish I understood myself better. Even my coach was a little concerned as she looked at my logs.  There were several large gaps in training, you know life, but for now I am plodding ahead.  IMAZ is on and I am plodding.  

No comments:

Post a Comment