Statcounter

Google Analytics

Friday, July 9, 2010

Terrible, Horrible, No Good Ride

Ok, maybe I should save that title for another day, there are sure to be worse rides. I am reserving the right to reuse it!
This morning I had a chance to ride with Craig, he didn't have to go to work till a little later, I slept well and was really looking forward to my ride. I didn't know what the problem was specifically, but everything was a problem this morning. Maybe it was the Desoto shorts I was wearing, maybe the bike tweaking last week wasn't so great after all, maybe it was the run I did yesterday. I squirmed and squiggled in the saddle trying to get comfortable, I tried to pick up my pace but even on the parts where I always go fast and it's easy to go fast I couldn't. I told Craig, it must be the shorts, (note, I have always loved my Desoto shorts) "from now on I'm wearing my team kit shorts". His response, "that's a good idea, at least your tan lines will be right" a little sarcasm yeah right, of course it's the shorts! I plugged on, and he finally commented, "you're really not into this ride this morning are you?" NO! I bailed on the Loma Linda part of the ride and we headed up Serpentine, come on, come on, I never have to use my small ring the first time up (maybe if I'm riding loops). Then, the aha moment I hit a pot hole or crack in the pavement and felt my tire hit the rim, I was flat. Craig checked the tires this morning, but I think I must have picked up something right away that started a slow leak. At least this is what I'm hoping is my reason! Now I am going to mop, dust and vacuum, put in another load of laundry, fix my flat and see if I can at least get in a decent Sunset loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment