Statcounter

Google Analytics

Thursday, July 22, 2010

What Training Partners Do.....




And

I told Craig I would never do another Ironman (after this) unless.......unless I don't finish. If I don't finish this I will be in line on Monday morning to register for attempt #2, and I will be in that line with him by my side to register as my sherpa. That didn't go over very well since he has already done his one and only Ironman (see race report) he won't even consider doing an "easy" Ironman like Arizona. Nor, (sadly) will he consider being my sherpa. But what he will do is just about anything he can to help me now. I'm down to my last 16 weeks of training and have already checked out on cooking dinner and pretty much laundry too, he's picking up the slack without complaint. Every night he asks me what time to set the alarm for and sets his alarm (so I can't roll over and turn it off) and gets up to do whatever it is that is on my training plan with me. This morning it was three miles of swimming--no I didn't do three miles, my training plan thinks I can do that in 1hr 15 minutes, but I did swim the whole time. When we got to LA Fitness the lanes were full (left to my own devices I would have just gone home), so instead we drove over to Highland--nice club BTW and swam. Craig left a little early went and bought diet coke and peanut butter since we were out of my training staples and came back to get me. That's what training partners (who don't want to be sherpas) do.

No comments:

Post a Comment