Statcounter

Google Analytics

Friday, August 20, 2010

Do You Have an Appointment?


Today was a 70 mile ride on my training plan, I only got about 48 done, it was blazing hot and I double flatted. I know I need to learn how to get my rear wheel on and off, it is not as easy as my road bike. I had a rear flat about 40 miles in, luckily I was just a few big blocks past Redlands Cyclery, I quickly debated my options, Craig is out of town so I can't call him, I can call a friend, I can call Kyle and drag him out of school or I can change it myself. I decide that if I attempt to change it myself, with my luck I'll get the wheel off and never be able to get it back on. Suddenly I remember, Oh yeah, I'm not that far from my LBS, where I'm well known, I'm in there way too often with the boys. I walk back, head to the repair section and handy mechanic asks what my problem is, I explain I just flatted, have you got a few minutes to fix it for me? "Do you have an appointment?" What----do I look like I have an appointment? Did I call you last night and line up an appointment in case I flatted on my ride? I say no....... and I could fix it myself if it was my road bike but I really struggle with the derailleur on my tri bike. So apparently I'm not so well known in there as I think I am. About then someone who knows me walks by says hi, he almost didn't recognize me in kit and now handy mechanic is nicer to me. Maybe it was just my imagination, maybe he was trying to be funny, I don't know, but he fixes my tube and informs me my front is also flat....good thing I walked back there since I only had one tube with me. Anyway I really am appreciative that he fixed my tires for me, that I wasn't very far from the store when it happened and that I remembered to stick my ATM card in my pocket that morning (only because I wanted to buy cinnamon bears and water at Circle K.)
Tomorrow 13 mile run and 3 hour swim clinic, not so looking forward to the swim clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment