Statcounter

Google Analytics

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Road bike vs. Tri bike


This is my road bike. It is a Trek 2200. I've had this beautiful bike since 2004 and have puts thousands and thousand of miles on it. In short, I love this bike, it is comfortable, it fits me and together we have solved many problems. When I signed up for IMAZ I initially thought I would just throw a set of aero bars on my bike and we would be good to go. Kev said, no, no way, so I got fit for a tri bike and this is what Craig surprised me with for Christmas (I would have spent much less).

This is a Felt B2R, as I said I've had it since Christmas. When I first started riding it I was having "issues". I just didn't love it, which led to guilt because let me just say this was an expensive puppy for my level of ability. But it is now August and we have begun to adjust to each other. Since my crash my Felt has been in the shop longer than expected, so I've been back on my road bike, including several 50+ mile rides. Thursday I got my Felt back, I rode yesterday and today. Wow! That's all I can say. I love my Felt. It is definitely true about the way your legs feel, the road bike hammers my quads much more than the tri bike. The Felt is fast, and wants me to ride it even faster, the road bike just wants to go on a picnic. Let's be fair here, the road bike is older and aluminum, the tri bike is carbon and top of the line components. I am still not the best at holding aero but thanks to Kev for telling me no way on the road bike for IMAZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment