Statcounter

Google Analytics

Friday, June 1, 2012

SB SART


Great ride today, rode Santa Ana River Trail from San Bernardino, out to where it ends.  Not to be confused with the SART that starts at Green River, because we all know the SB scenery is divine compared to the scenery from Green River to Huntington Beach!

SB/Riverside County Line, not OC!
this ride is about 36-37 miles out and back, very comparable to one lap of IMAZ  it is a great training ride but not a route I would choose to ride by myself, it is fairly isolated if you have a flat or mechanical you can't handle yourself.  SB SART and I are going to be seeing a lot of each other.  Tomorrow:  18 mile run, last long run (ha-only long run!) for Utah Valley Marathon.

Have you been here yet, the line is out the door, so yummy, they make your ice cream on the spot, ride your bike--get ice cream, seems like a good deal to me.  We had a mom, dad, Brad date here tonight, YUM!  Brad and I had the Salted Caramel and Craig had Avocado.  I had the Strawberry Balsamic the last time, I don't think you can go wrong with any flavor.

2 comments:

  1. Ya, I haven't gotten in any real long runs for Utah Valley either. Oh well! I'm counting my 9 this morning as a good "taper" run, because I really needed to taper down from 15 (the most I've run in this race prep).

    Good luck, and maybe I'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I was shooting for 18 today, did 15, so it looks like we're in the same boat, except you have youth and speed on your side!! I'll look for you.--Melinda

    ReplyDelete