Statcounter

Google Analytics

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I Hate Olys


Monday I had two time trials, a 5K and 800M swim, last night I did my bike TT, I had good improvement on the run and bike, swim--meh!  I was happy enough last night with my bike TT that I went ahead and registered for the Big Bear Triathlon.  I was very hesitant to register for several reasons:  1) Altitude  2) Last years race reports suggest that the swim is very reedy, yucky and 3) I hate Olympic distance tris.  True I had a choice, I could do the sprint, but it is time to push myself a little harder.  Why do I hate Olys?  I hate Olys because I'm slow, if there's a sprint and oly at the same time and you do a sprint it doesn't matter when you finish, there will still be people on the course, however when you do the oly, there they are the race director and your race sherpa holding up the finish line for you.  Not too fun.

1 comment:

  1. I used to swim in that lake when I lived there.. it's yucky but better when you get farther from the shoreline.

    ReplyDelete