Statcounter

Google Analytics

Monday, May 18, 2020

Wheels

We rode Bear Claw Poppy this weekend.While I was getting my roots touched up Craig went to hang out at the bike shop.  The bike that Ker has been trying to find was there!  The new bike Craig has been looking at was not there, but.....there was this Megatower. So we left with two bikes and came home with four.
I rode the Megatower a little, it's a 29er and I'm riding a 27, there's always this wheel issue when you're short, especially on the road, maybe not so much on a mountain bike.  Let me tell you though, I loved the 29er.  What I liked is it just eats up the rocks and the obstacles, so if you're a less skilled rider maybe you don't have to be quite so careful.  That may also have to do with the travel, I'm not sure what it is on the Megatower but I'm assuming it's a lot. Another thing about this bike--electronic shifting.  There's not much to say about electronic shifting, just do it, it's amazing.  The electronic dropper post is pretty cool too, but to be honest I'm not sure I could tell a lot of difference.
Conventional wisdom is that 27 wheels turns better, this is probably true, I didn't ride long enough, with enough turns on the 29er to make that call.  What I think though, is not having to be quite as careful with your line may compensate for it.  I don't know but, I do know Craig is going to love this bike.

Edit:  By the way that's three new bikes in one week, just a few more of you need some new wheels, what else can you do in quarantine?

No comments:

Post a Comment