Statcounter

Google Analytics

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Friday-Saturday-Sunday

Friday--
Social distancing at Summit, see how far away we parked. Check out those pink pedals! And also note my seat height I have a dropper now, seriously life changing.

Snow Summit with Kerri and Kyle J


We rode this, then this:

 Ate a lot of food and rode the first run again, all in all it was a really great day, just don't ask Kyle J. Something, something about sand on Skyline.

Saturday--

So some time ago I convinced Ker to do a Women Only mountain bike class at Skypark, the day of reckoning came and we went.  We had some time before the class so we rode up (no lifts) to the start of Sleigh Ride, rode it to Arrow, dodged a bunch of features and made it down.  I slammed my hand in the van slider and was pretty sure that would be a great reason not to do the class.  It was hard, way harder than it looks on any youtube video.  Anyway off to class we went and they rode us over to this fantastic little known area of fun features, far away from the shredders.  It was a great class that really started with fundamentals like bike/body separation, and body position which is so different from my roadie, tri background. I sorta learned to do front wheel lifts and the basics of how to do rear and both.  We also worked on descending, braking, and switchbacks.  The class went by so fast with so many skills to work on.
After the class I got a video of Kyle jumping:

We left, Kerri stayed and got a few more videos of Kyle, he did a really good run on a skinny and a teeter totter. Ker sprained her thumb to end the day.  It looks wicked.


Sunday:  Happy Father's Day to my dad, I miss you every day, to Craig, and to my sons who are fantastic, amazing, fathers.  I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment