Statcounter

Google Analytics

Monday, August 10, 2009

Attack of the Giant Rooster

NO kidding, Saturday morning Craig, and the boys are hiking Timp with Dave Kenison and the Cannons so I'm out doing my long run by myself.  Normally I don't mind running alone however Saturday this giant rooster standing by the side of the road comes barrelling toward me as I'm trotting along.  Scared the heck out of me!  He attacks my leg, I try to run faster.  There is no way, I didn't know a rooster could run so fast.  I screamed and yelled at it to get back, like you would a dog.  For some fortunate reason he retreated.  I read up on rooster attacks when I got home, apparently they are common, vicious and they will usually strike repeatedly, I guess I was lucky.  I've had a few dog scares while on my bike, but a rooster is a first and hopefully last.  Next time I run that road I will carry a big stick!
Thursday and Friday--no workouts
Saturday 12 mile run.

No comments:

Post a Comment