Statcounter

Google Analytics

Friday, September 4, 2009

20 Mile Long Run

Well that's it, my last long run before Top Of Utah. It was torturous, I decided to do two 5 mile loops on Sunset and 1 ten mile loop. This is way too hilly for me, but I'm in my comfort zone in this area. Craig would be taking the boys to seminary/school etc so I was largely on my own.
Lessons learned: One half eaten bag of gummy bears is not enough. How can I have chocolate on the marathon without it melting? I was craving a UNO candy bar, like those are even easy to find! Craig did find me and bring me cold water bottles. Kev was out riding and found me too and I was able to switch out my empty water bottle for his full one. Thanks guys! I saw Terry Davis this morning when he was taking Taylor to seminary and just as I was about a mile from finishing I saw him out riding when I stopped to talk to him I bonked. I actually called Craig to come get me and I would be happy with 19 miles, but Craig didn't hear his phone and I suppose I am glad so that I could actually accomplish the whole 20 I set out to do. It was slow, I'm hoping the lack of hills at TOU will translate into a bit better time. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment