Statcounter

Google Analytics

Sunday, September 13, 2009

TriGranny's Race Report

Ok, my other blog has my rant about race management but here is my actual race report.  We got up about 4:l5, got dressed in tri shorts and tank, finished loading the car and headed over to pick up Lisa Davis.  Lisa was doing the tri and Brent was bringing the kids out later to do the kids tri.  We got checked in, body marked picked up t shirts and caps with no problems (especially happy it was so casual since I forgot to bring my id).  Bikes were racked with no problems.  I brought my wetsuit but decided not to wear it, Craig didn't either.  
Swim:  good, no panic but a slow start, I started to feel strong at the buoy and swam in ok.  Looked at my watch 20 minutes, I was happy with the time.
Bike:  Crazy bike, poorly directed, two wrong turns where I had to turn around and go back, several hills a la Puesta del Sol.  I think I would really like this course if it was well marked.  I don't mean cones, I mean adults with flags and law enforcement in a few key places.
Total Time going into T2 1:02, I was very happy with my times so far, if I just wasn't so slow on the run.  However my usual 5K is a slow 35-40 minutes so if it was really 3.5 (I didn't download Craig's Garmin) but it was advertised to be 3.5 then I'm ok with 40 minutes for 3.5 miles.  My total time (no splits) was 1:42.  My goal was 1:40 and I would have hit it without the bike errors.
I'm happy with how I did.  I always ask, "Would I do this race again?"  Yes, despite my ranting here, I would give this race one more try.  If there weren't changes making the bike course safer and well directed then I would not do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment