Statcounter

Google Analytics

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Too Much for Me!

Hocus Pocus
Very few people except for Craig and the kids know that I am training to do an Ironman. I am semi-unsure, no, make that totally unsure of my abilities. I would rather not be confronted with well meaning inquiries on how the race went and have to explain failure. Not even my friend Jenn knows. Jenn and I had planned to do a pool sprint tri this weekend, it would be her first and I said I would love to do it with her and she could come stay at our house the night before as it is a shorter drive than from Malibu. Unfortunately Jenn has to go to Texas this weekend for the UCLA game. But there's no stopping Jenn, tomorrow morning she has her own personal tri mapped out. We were discussing it this morning, I am her support crew, back-up man, go-to person if there are any problems (which I am fairly certain there won't be). Hocus Pocus overheard us discussing it, after Jenn left she said:
"So how'd you do in the race?"
Me: "Oh I didn't race, we were talking about Jenn's race tomorrow."
Hocus Pocus: "Well I knew you biked, but all that swimming, running and walking has got to be just too much for you!"
Not long ago I was told I was too old for the outdoors, now a sprint tri is too much for me, and I think I'm going to be doing an Ironman in 81/2 weeks? Hand me the remote and the Oreos, I give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment