Statcounter

Google Analytics

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Grands

 This weekend was all about the grands.  We celebrated Kyle J's birthday, I would say he had quite a grand day!


He spent the rest of the weekend learning how to drive a stick, he did so well he drove himself and Kael to practice yesterday.  I think Kerri has him convinced that it doesn't have the guts to make it back up the hill if  he drove it down.  We'll see how long it takes for him to give it a try.


I did some granddog sitting, Moa is stuck with me for the week.  We hiked the new Baldwin Loop on Saturday, it's really a beautiful trail, parts of it are very piney, foresty, and parts very scrub even with some flowering cactus.  Moa loved it and I was able to let her off leash to chase squirrels.  The only bad thing about Baldwin Loop is it's a loop, when I realized I had started the loop for the second time, I was not a happy hiker, I finally stumbled upon an exit point, but it's not well marked yet.
Sunday Kerri and I rode the ranch again, I never put my bike in my car and oops, realized it doesn't fit, so I rode from the house, it's not a hard ride but the uphill home isn't too fun.  Moa went too!
Monday was a barbecue at Kerri's there were fireworks over the lake at 9:00 but I decided not to brave the traffic and didn't go.  I could hear the booms, but couldn't see anything from the deck.


The best part, lots of hot tub time, a great reward for hiking, biking and lots of dog walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment