Statcounter

Google Analytics

Thursday, February 1, 2024

That Bored


 It's snowing a lot in Big Bear so I'm just really glad we're not there, but we have rain here in the desert so it's just a little boring.  Adding to the boring is the fact we've been trying to eat more protein so there's no great munchyish food in the cupboard. So.....I decided to find a recipe for protein chocolate chip cookies and venture into the kitchen. 

Now as far as my kitchen skills go I'd rather clean, dead lift, bench press, push up, run a 5K, no wait on that 5K I'll make those cookies.

So here's my first batch of cookies. Recipe here: https://eatwithclarity.com/chocolate-chip-protein-cookies/

I had some monk fruit sugar I substituted for the regular sugar, otherwise followed the recipe as written.


They turned out looking good, and tasted good, slightly cakey, surprising since there is no flour in them. 
These (Round 1) are supposed to have 14g of protein per cookie, not bad!
So I found a bag of Kodiak protein flour in the pantry and decided to go for a Round 2 to see what would taste better.




The second batch looked ok, not pretty, they flattened out a lot in the oven and tasted ok.  I don't know what the protein numbers are, but I don't think it's near what the first batch is.  The first batch used protein powder as a base.  So this all led to the third batch....no protein numbers, just a good ole Mrs. Fields knock off recipe. https://www.averiecooks.com/mrs-fields-chocolate-chip-cookies-copycat/


They actually are a little puffier than they look in the picture, as for the taste....well if you really want the grams of protein definitely use the first recipe, but if you just want to enjoy a great chocolate chip cookie, go for the last one, forget about protein and enjoy, don't even bother with the second recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment