Statcounter

Google Analytics

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Spudman Race Report

I haven't kept up my training blog very well while I've been in Utah.  I continued training for Spudman.  I was very happy with the overall day, we all had a good day, though I was disappointed with my results.  That being said, I will have to work harder at it for next year.
Swim:  The swim was good, no panic this time.  I zipped my wetsuit early instead of the last minute, maybe this helped getting used to the compression.
Bike:  Was going well till I looked down and noticed there was no timing chip on my ankle, at that point I began debating in my mind how much effort I wanted to put into this for a DNF.  Finally I convinced myself I was in it to do my best and I was going to finish no matter what.  I probably lost quite a bit of time while I was arguing with myself just not putting as much effort into it as I should.
Run:  I could tell my run was not as good as last years even though I can't compare them, I didn't walk at all but it was pretty much a slow jog.  Many thanks to the young man at mile three who was handing out cold bottled water, you'll never know how many people loved you for that.  A big thank you to everyone who set your sprinklers out at the road, I ran through everyone, sometimes twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment