Statcounter

Google Analytics

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 off to a great start--


2012 is off to a good training start after some Christmas and New Years time off.  We had a wonderful Christmas at home and then gathered all the kids, grandkids and Grammy and Papa for a cabin trip.  What a great time.  The weather was fairly mild, no snow :( we had to go to Brianhead to ski, so you might think I got my runs in...well not.  But I'm back on track, I haven't done any make up runs yet, but I'm still logging 1/2 hour a day on my Slowtwitch log.  I am doing a base plan until Be Iron Fit starts in April and I'm really enjoying it.

Craig and I are on for the St. George half marathon on Jan 21 (?) somewhere around that date--I decided to do the half which is crazy because I  haven't done any long runs, but, that Saturday I will have a long run.  This will make my second Runners Series race woohoo guaranteed admission to the St. George Marathon.  Did I also mention that Craig and I are registered for the Utah Valley Marathon in June? Looks like I'll have three marathons this year.  My best time is 5:05--goal--beat 5:05.  Time to start ramping up the long runs and getting some "speed" work in.

No comments:

Post a Comment