Statcounter

Google Analytics

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Big Rock Triathlon Race Report

First in my age group!
(by now you know not to ask how many were in my age group)

Well I think they posted the results right after I finished my last post.  My swim was really 15:19, I know that is slow to a lot of people but I am really, really happy with it.  The water was warm, no panic and the wetsuit was good.  My biggest problem was swimming off course, I consistently veered left inside the buoy line.  T1 was embarrassing, 9:14, so I had a little tea party in T1, actually I fiddled around with my helmet and then took it off to put on a jersey, which was hard to get on at the last minute.  I didn't really need the jersey, but, well, lessons learned, hurry up in T1.  
Bike was 47:43 which put me just over 15 mph, I had hoped to average 16 or 17 but I was strong on the two hills, one of the few places I could actually pass people.  Thanks to living in Redlands you have no choice but to ride hills.  According to my Garmin on the flats I was about 17, maybe less since my average wasn't so good, but still I'm ok with it.
T2  2:26 ok another T time that could be better..........
Run  I'm not a strong runner just not, but I got 11:39 average with a little walking getting my legs back after the bike. So I'm happy again.

All in all for me it was a good day, it was cool and overcast which is always helpful.  The race is well organized, plenty of volunteers,  law enforcement support on the bike (I never had to stop).
The swim course is a long rectangle, buoys on the left, yay, great for left sided breathers like me.  Well maybe that wasn't so helpful, my sighting is lousy!  The bike has two hills coming out of the park, and then coming back in, other than that it is fast.  The run is along a sidewalk in the park, nothing really to comment on.  I would definitely do this race again, fun morning with hamburgers and hotdogs after.

No comments:

Post a Comment