Statcounter

Google Analytics

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Making Friends

I had a nice weekend in Arizona, even if it was just a quickie up on Friday back on Saturday trip.  The boys decided not to go so it was a short chance to catch up with my husband for a few minutes.  The purpose  of the trip was to get in 112 miles on the bike.  I planned to ride the whole course, but ended up modifying somewhat.  We rode out from Tempe Town Lake, did four loops on the Beeline and rode back, total miles 103.  The reason for the modification was my fear of traffic.  To ride the exact course you would ride 3 loops, each with considerable traffic and lights going out of Tempe 7.7 miles and back in, 7.7 miles.  My first out loop was a discouraging average of 13.something, what the heck, it was 15 last June.  I made up for it on the way back in and managed to ride much stronger for the next three loops, bringing my average up to l6.2.   I was very happy with that.  My whole mantra was "making friends with the Beeline, Beeline you are a friend of mine"  I think we succeeded, now if I can  just make nice with the gods of wind and all things weather!
As we were about to leave I met two BT ladies, AZSunshine and LeahDD, how fun, as my friend Judy would say, it was Serendipity!  Nice to meet you ladies, see you soon, and good luck with the last four weeks of training!  I think I would much prefer real friends to making friends with a road!

1 comment: