Statcounter

Google Analytics

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Heart Rate

I'm supposed to be training with heart rate zones, I don't for several reasons, but will as soon as I get around to addressing those reasons. I am in no hurry, because well, I just really don't like being tied to technology, except during a race. How else will I know if I'm gonna make that cut-off time! I love my Cateye on my bike, it is simple to use and gives me just the info I want, better yet there is only one button to push and I don't have to charge it! And as much as I have failed at my Garmin school lessons, I never will master it, when it is set up properly by my loving and ever patient spouse, and strapped to my wrist (sometimes he even presses the start button for me, even though I really know how to do that!) I need it for running, I need to know my pace and average pace in a race. But back to this morning, I had a 45 minute zone 2 run, but apparently my body is still recovering from my Tuesday brick because every time I grabbed the HRM things on the treadmill it was way too high. Ok, good reason to walk more, but is that really helping my training? Well that's what they say! I do have a HRM that goes with the Garmin, but c'mon am I really going to wear my Garmin on the treadmill or spin bike? Also the strap is too big...............so maybe this weekend I will get around to going shopping for a stand alone heart rate monitor with a small strap. Also need to get a new phone this weekend, does this sound like a person who claims to hate technology?

No comments:

Post a Comment