Statcounter

Google Analytics

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Race Report--

For a 5K--Sure why not. Let it be said I really didn't want to go to St. G, run in the cold etc. However once C and I decided to go Friday night my attitude improved considerably. I knew it would be cold (for me) but actually it was quite nice, I took off my jacket and handed it to Craig the last mile or so. Kev wasn't sure whether or not he would make it, he did, so that made it especially fun.
Kev and me, our traditional pre race pic!
Somewhere on the course, Craig snapped this one, check out the cool beanie, I swiped from Kyle and Brad.
Kev ran the half, it's gotta be more fun to run when someone other than mom and dad are cheering at the finish line!
So, what would I say about the St. George 5K, well it was around the Dixie Center but not the same course around the Dixie Center that I did for Save a Sister 2009. I think it was faster. It was nice and flat with probably 600 or so runners. I like a big field, it felt a little crowded at the start but it was chip timed, so not a big deal. My pace was 10:40, I'm still trying to get down to 10 minute miles, but this was good for me. One more Runners Series race to do, I was thinking about Spectrum 10K.

Yummy lunch with the best company!

Have I mentioned Cafe Rio is now in Redlands too, YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment